Welcome to our Leconfield Family…
Service Families are part of our School Family.
At any time, children from Service Families make up between 35 and 50% of the children in our school. We greatly value the contribution that Service Families make to our community and we are proud to be part of their education journey.
From the moment you make contact with us to tell us you are moving to Leconfield we will work with you to ensure a smooth transition for your family. This includes help and support with the essentials, such as health care, and information about our school, the admissions process and your child’s class.
Please follow this link to apply for a placed at our school: In Year Admissions and Transfers to Leconfield Primary School
Our inclusive, family approach to all our community is central to our approach when welcoming new families to our school. Our children mix with children from all ages, reading together, playing together and learning from each other. All our children and adults are role models, leaders and ambassadors for our school. We are all proud of our school, each other and ourselves. Everything we do begins with our whole school vision:
- Open Minded
Ongoing support for Service Families is important to us at Leconfield. Service Families can expect from us:
- A Service Children’s Champion – Mr Elder – who works closely with the East Riding
- Staff who understand the unique experiences that Forces life can bring
- A strong link with the Service Pupil Champion service – a local team who can support Service Children and their wider families
- Support for children and families with transition, liaising with agencies and settling into life in East Yorkshire
- Access to a selection of books about life as a Service Family
- Bespoke support for children who need it and space to talk with trained people who understand
- A school that uses the Thriving Lives Toolkit to ensure best practice and ongoing self-evaluation
Strong and Experienced Leadership is in place for our Forces Community
- All members of our Senior Leadership Team are experienced teachers of Service children
- The school has strong links with DST Leconfield and regularly work with personnel at DST for events such as the Remembrance Service at the village church and visits to DST Leconfield
- One of our co-opted governors – Major Richardson – is a serving member of the armed forces
- Several other staff are linked to the forces community